Drive For Us


Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need experience?

Yes ,you need experience to drive for us.  If you are enthusiastic, reliable, have a good knowledge of London and Home Counties and speak good English, you are welcome to apply to offer your services.  

How much income can I generate?

The answer to this question is completely in your hands. Naturally, the more jobs you complete, the more income you will generate. We have lots of bookings but to maximise your income you will need to be flexible with the hours you decide to be available to carry out passenger assignments offered to you.

Will I be paid cash for every journey?

We realise that as a self-employed contractor cash flow is important to you. There are two types of bookings we provide; Our priority service is account based bookings. For these journeys, you will not receive cash from the client, but will have an account with us and we will make weekly or monthly payments directly into your bank account. Secondly, there are cash bookings. For these journeys, the passenger will pay you directly in cash when you have completed the journey. We will charge a small administration charge for taking the cash booking on your behalf.

Will I be self-employed?

Yes. All our drivers are self-employed and responsible for their own tax and national insurance.

Do I have to work set shifts?

No, drivers who offer their services to us are completely free to work the hours that suit them best.

Do I pay for my own fuel?

Yes. It is the driver’s responsibility to hire his / her vehicle and to pay for the fuel and other costs.

What do I need to become a driver?

You will need to provide us with your driving licence (plastic and paper parts), your local authority badge details and two forms of identification clearly showing your current address. Owner drivers are required to provide the vehicle V5, a valid MOT, vehicle plate and insurance documentation. All owner driver cars are required to be less than 3 years old from date of registration. 

A CRB check will be required for all drivers working with children.